Slovakia or Bust

Slovakia or Bust: A chance to see our ancestors' homeland. Or hang out with Marian Hossa, whichever is easier.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Two of these

And some Belgian beer. I didn't take a photo with my phone.

It's 10 pm and I'm going to bed. Lame? Yes. But I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Sleeping on a plane is not so comfortable.

Quick run down so I can fill in the blanks later.

Guy next to us on the plane was some professor. Discovered a fourth phase of water.

Left Chicago late. Barely made our connection in Frankfort. We made it. Our bags did not. But they got here today, no big deal.

Hotel is nice. Walked all over town. Very walk able city. Old buildings and cobblestone streets.

Had some garlic butter pizza thing for lunch. Delicious. That and two beers was under $5. This city is cheap.

Beer at a Belgium restaurant then dinner and more beers at the blue tomato. Kinda americanized but good. Shannon had goat cheese and spinach stuffed turkey tenderloin. I had a stroganoff type dish. We shared potato donuts. Awesome.

Apparently we screwed up tipping the server. You're not supposed to do it on a credit card? I'm not sure what went wrong but he was annoyed with us. Oh well. Sorry for trying to give you money, dude!

Hungarian is a really hard language to understand or speak. Not at all like a romance language.

1 comment:

  1. It's a langos. That delicious dish was a langos and I would eat it everyday. I would be 300 pounds and have serious cholesterol problems, but I would still eat it everyday.

    ReplyDelete