Slovakia or Bust

Slovakia or Bust: A chance to see our ancestors' homeland. Or hang out with Marian Hossa, whichever is easier.

Friday, April 27, 2012

More on Vienna Rentals

Following up on this:

Now, I cant't promise these are all still available because my inquiries are a bit old.

Autgarten has a good price (<$100/night) but is a little far out there. It's not far from city center, but kinda far from any of the train stations we'll need, like 2 U-bahn lines. This is east of the city center. The train for Budapest/Prague is west of the city center and the train for Bratislava is south of city center. The public transit system looks pretty good. I've got a handle on the U-bahn, but there is a whole tram system too that supplements that. There may or may not be a washer/dryer in this unit, but if it doesn't have one, there is a shared one on the floor.

I like No. 11 at this place. The location is good, but it's about $120/night.

I have photos, but can' t post them, but its in this house. It's a 3rd floor studio, so it's kind of small, but it's only $80/night, in a good location, with washer/dryer and wifi.


7 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time manuevering the second site bit I like the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a small washer in the studio apartment, but no dryer.

    There is a shared bigger-sized washer/dryer in the house for all guests staying there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fine with that. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with it.

      We can use the shared washer/dryer if we need to.

      Or I'm fine with laying shirts/pants etc. around the apartment to air dry while we are out and about for the day

      Delete
  4. I was thinking that we would be able to airdry some stuff. We might not even need the dryer if we go about it the right way. Thanks for taking care of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our reservation is confirmed. I guess we don't need to pay anything for this one until we get there.

      They asked what time we'd be arriving/departing. We haven't figured that out yet. I'll try to take a look at the train schedule today.

      I assumed we'd aim for a late morning train from Budapest to Vienna and the same from Vienna to Prague. I don't think we're in a hurry to catch a super early train either time, but I could be wrong.

      Delete