Slovakia or Bust

Slovakia or Bust: A chance to see our ancestors' homeland. Or hang out with Marian Hossa, whichever is easier.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Itinerary Option 2: London

So, if we fly round trip to London, we're looking at this:

The schedule I can make work with the hydrofoil schedule is the same as Frankfurt, but sub in London for Frankfurt:

Thursday, May 17: Depart Chicago
Friday, May 18: Arrive London, Fly to Budapest
Monday, May 21: Depart Budapest, Arrive Vienna
Thursday, May 24: Depart Vienna, Arrive Ceske Krumlov
Saturday, May 26: Depart Ceske Krumlov, Arrive Prague
Tuesday, May 29, Depart Prague, Arrive London
Thursday, May 31: Depart London, Arrive Chicago

In addition to the baseline itinerary fares:

I've got round trip airfare to London at $950.
One way from London to Budapest is $110 by plane (2.5 hours non-stop).
One way from Prague to London is $60 by plane (2 hours, non-stop).
Kind of assume rail isn't an option.

So, our overall travel costs are probably about the same, but we get to see London. Not sure if you can use miles. I assume London is more expensive than the other cities in terms of lodging/food/booze.

Hold tight for my quick Krakow analysis!

2 comments:

  1. I did some research with miles on United. Doesn't make sense. I have enough for a one way to London, but the other one way costs more than the roundtrip. I guess I'll save those for another day or perhaps we can use towards lodging. I'm liking the London option. It would be cool to see and use as our "hub".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like we might be able to make it work. It's a little cheaper if we leave M-W vs. Th.

    ReplyDelete