Slovakia or Bust

Slovakia or Bust: A chance to see our ancestors' homeland. Or hang out with Marian Hossa, whichever is easier.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Train Options

I did some research re: train options between the cities that we are looking to explore.

Based on my research we can travel between the cities we want to go fairly easy via train and fairly cheap.

I'm thinking that we can fly in/out of Warsaw/Krakow and travel to Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, and back to Warsaw/Krakow via train.

Vienna to Prague is 4 1/2 hours via train for $147 a person.
Warsaw to Budapest is $274 a person.
Krakow to Budapest is $167 a person.
Prague to Warsaw is $143 a person.
Prague to Krakow is $200 a person.
We can do these legs overnight since they are longer.

It's a no brainer to do Budapest, Bratislava, and Vienna because they are so close together.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. Would a rail pass of some sort make sense?

    I'd like to do more travel by rail than by air. I'm still hoping we can at some point find a cheap non-stop flight to a city/country we want to see. I feel like we're so far out that flight prices might change.

    ReplyDelete